2012年1月3日

It's unfortunate that she feels so competitive with me': Brad Goreski opens up about feud with Rachel Zoe ahead of solo reality show debut


Brad Goreski's rift with former boss Rachel Zoe has intrigued the style set since they parted ways just over a year ago.
Now, as he prepares to make his solo reality show debut tonight, the 34-year-old admits he is as baffled by the ongoing tension as the rest of the world.
In a new interview, he speculates why celebrity stylist Ms Zoe may now refuse to speak to him.
Scroll down for video
Bananas! Now Mr Goreski has his own reality television show, he'll be in direct competition with his famous former employer who is not pleased with the move
Fashion feud: Brad Goreski, pictured on his new show, It's a Brad, Brad World, has opened up about his rift with ex-boss Rachel Zoe
He told the Daily Beast: 'I just think it’s unfortunate that she feels so competitive with me in a way.
'Because I left to create a name for myself – and not to ride on any of her coattails.
'She’s so incredibly successful, that a stylist starting out – I don’t know what kind of threat that is to her. Maybe she thinks I’m incredibly talented. Who knows.'

 Mr Goreski also hit back at claims that he had been 'stealing' clients from his former boss.
'That’s not the truth,' he said. 'And she knows that’s not the truth. I didn’t even say goodbye to a lot of her clients because I didn’t want anything to be misconstrued as me soliciting anybody.'
Christina Ricci and Jessica Alba are among the stars he has worked with since establishing himself as a stylist in his own right, though he admits he didn't get off to an easy start.
He confessed: 'People will be surprised to see that when I left [The Rachel Zoe Project] I didn’t have a ton of work'.
Happier times: Mr Goreski worked as Rachel Zoe's assistant for years, but today she refuses to speak to him
Happier times: Mr Goreski worked as Rachel Zoe's assistant for years, and appeared on her reality show - but today she refuses to speak to him
He also works with Ms Zoe's client Demi Moore 'whenever she calls me'.
Mr Goreski, who once told People magazine, 'I love Rachel and she's taught me everything I know', remains hopeful that his famous former employer will find it in her heart to make a truce.
'Maybe one day we’ll be able to speak again, but if she chooses to not, then I guess that’s the way it has to be,' he says.
Don't expect Camp Zoe to return his air kisses any time soon though.
The stylist and her husband, Rodger Berman, released the following statement on reading Mr Goreski's quotes on the Daily Beast: 'Rachel and Rodger are amused by his convenient interpretation of events and have no additional comments.'
 

没有评论:

发表评论